Re: [LCFC] templates://postfix/{templates}

Hi Christian,

as you see I'm now subcribed and ready to criticize ...

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 07:45:14AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> This is the last call for comments for the review of debconf
> templates for postfix.

>  Specifically, mydomain must be specified, since hostname(2) is not
>  a fully-qualified domain name (FQDN).

What is "hostname(2)"? Is this a reference to the hostname command/man
page? The man page is in section 1, in section 2 is
gethostname/sethostname but not in my Debian system but according to

Also hostname is not a FQDN but the output of this command!

>  This name will also be used by other programs. It should be the
>  single, full domain name (FQDN).

add "qualified"?

>  Thus, if a mail address on the local host is foo@example.com,
>  the correct value for this option would be example.com.

Let's add a comment to translators that example.com is according to RFC
2606 a reserved domain name for documentation which should not be
BTW: Let's use example.org not example.com!
>  The relayhost parameter specifies the default host to send mail to when no
>  entry is matched in the optional transport(5) table. When no relayhost is

"relay host" in the second line, since it does not refer to the

>  To use the postfix default (which is based on the connected subnets), enter
>  an empty string.

an empty string? There is only one: "the empty string".