[RFR2] templates://openssl/{libssl0.9.8.templates}

Quoting Kurt Roeckx (kurt@roeckx.be):
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 07:14:06PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > (please look at my review comments at the end of this mail)
> >
> > debian/control:
> >  - German-style capitalisation removed in some places
> >  - Bulleted list made with dashes. We should determine a policy here
>
> I wonder why you didn't send a diff for this too. Not that it's really
> needed, just wondering.

You're correct.

As I wrote you on IRC, Kurt, we're still polishing the various parts
of the process, including the scripts used to send mails, patches,
etc.

I just modified my script which sends the first RFR mail to make it
include a diff for the control file as well.

> > templates:
> >  - attempt to make them shorter
> >  - remove the use of 1st person
> >  - turn the short description into a prompt. Remove interrogative form
>
> I'm not sure I'm really happy with some of the wordings.  For example:
> "The services are named from the name of their initialisation script".
> The "named from the name" part really sounds strange to me.

Yep. This is one of the quirks when rewriting: you sometimes end up
with less clear wording..:-). That's why we have reviewers, indeed.

I rephrased to:

 Please check the list of detected services that need to be restarted
 and correct it, if needed. The services names must be identical to the
 initialisation script names in /etc/init.d and separated by
 spaces. No services will be restarted if the list is empty.

New templates file attached.

Template: libssl0.9.8/restart-services
Type: string
 This release of OpenSSL fixes some security issues. Services may not
 use these fixes until they are restarted. Please note that restarting
 the SSH server (sshd) should not affect any existing connections.
 .
 Please check the list of detected services that need to be restarted
 and correct it, if needed. The services names must be identical to the
 initialisation script names in /etc/init.d and separated by
 spaces. No services will be restarted if the list is empty.
 .
 Any service that later fails unexpectedly after this upgrade should
 be restarted. It is recommended to reboot this host to avoid any
 SSL-related trouble.