Re: [ITR] templates://glibc/{locales.templates}

Christian Perrier a écrit :
> Dear Debian maintainer,
>
> The Debian internationalisation team and the Debian English
> localisation team will soon begin the review of the debconf
> templates used in glibc.
>
> This review takes place for all packages that use debconf to interact with
> users and its aims are:
> - to improve the use of English in all debconf templates;
> - to make the wording of debconf templates more consistent;
> - to encourage more translations of templates.
>
> Even if you are a native English speaker, this process is likely to
> help track down typos or errors, and improve consistency between
> the debconf templates of your package and that of other packages in
> the distribution.
>
> The process involves both debian-l10n-english contributors and
> Debian translators.
>
> The details of the process are given in
> http://wiki.debian.org/I18n/DebconfReview.
>
> I will act as the coordinator of this activity for glibc.
>
> The first step of the process is to review the debconf source
> template file(s) of glibc. This review will start on 24 Mar 2007, or
> as soon as you acknowledge this mail with an agreement for us to
> carry out this process.
>
> All parts of the process will be carried out in close collaboration
> with you, and, unless you explicitely ask for it, no upload nor NMU
> will happen for glibc.
>
> If you approve this process, please let us know by replying to this
> mail. If some work in progress on your side would conflict with such a
> rewrite (such as adding or removing debconf templates), please say so,
> and we will defer the review to later in the development cycle.

First of all it seems puccini.d.o has some problems, the mail only
arrived to us today.

We agree about such a review, but please review the version in
experimental, as the lenny version of the glibc will be based on the
current experimental version.

Bye,
Aurelien