Re: [RFR] templates://dtc/dtc.templates

Hi !

Thanks for your job. I have quoted in the msg.

Nicolas François wrote:
>> Template: dtc/conf_ipaddr
>> Type: string
>> Default: 192.168.0.2
>>  Please enter this host's primary IP address. This IP will be used for
>>  the domain name you just provided, and will be used as the default for
>>  most DTC variables.  If you're using NAT, please enter your external
>>  IP address.
>
> Another style question: shall we use "you're" or "you are"?

You are seems ok to me.

>> Template: dtc/conf_admpass
>> Type: password
>>  Please choose the main domain administrator's password. Access
>>  to the control panel must be managed manually through an .htpasswd
>>  file in the root path.
>
> "an .htpasswd" or "a .htpasswd"?

If you pronounce the . (dot) then it's "a dot htpasswd" and if not it's
"an htpasswd", so I bet it's a matter of tastes no?

>> Template: dtc/conf_mta_type
>> Type: select
>> Choices: postfix, qmail
>>  Please select the type of the MTA that will be used with DTC. It
>>  should be already installed on the system. If no such MTA is actually
>>  installed, please complete the setup of DTC, install a MTA
>>  package, then run "dpkg-reconfigure dtc".
>
> Maybe:
> Please select the MTA that will be used with DTC.
>
> Maybe we can recommend installing a mail-transport-agent package instead
> of a MTA?

Would that mean Exim too? Because DTC is NOT compatible yet with Exim
unfortunatly...

>> Template: dtc/conf_use_cyrus
>> Type: boolean
>> Default: false
>>  Please choose this option if you are using Cyrus for mail
>>  delivery, imap and MTA. This option is only compatible with Postfix.
>
> I still have the same issue with this one.
> This may be related to my inexperience with Cyrus. Is Cyrus an MTA?

Not really. Cyrus would be more a "MDA" (mail delivery agent). The term
MTA (mail transfer agent) is most of the time used for a SMTP server,
and Cyrus sill needs Postfix to run...

> dtc maintainer: What is the meaning of "imap and MTA"?
> Is cyrus an IMAP server and an MTA?

Maybe not at then end. That might be a mistake. Cyrus does delivery,
custom storage solution of mail, IMAP and POP3 server.

>> Template: dtc/conf_use_nated_vhosts
>> Type: boolean
>> Default: false
>>  DTC can generate configuration files for Apache to have it use an IP
>>  address of your server. In case the server is firewalled with NAT and
>>  port redirections of public IP(s) address(es), you can request for
>>  the generation of "NATed" vhosts.
>>  .
>>  Do not choose this option if the server is directly connected to the
>>  Internet, except when using dynamic IP addresses. In such case, NAT
>>  and port forwarding are mandatory for DTC.
>
> This one looks strange.
> Here is another en_FR attempt:
>
> DTC can configure Apache to use one of your IP addresses. If the server is
> firewalled with NAT and port redirections of public IP(s) address(es), a
> "NATed" vhost configuration can be generated.

These modifications look ok to me.

> I'm not sure about the last paragraph.
>
> I'm not sure neither about the plural form of "IP address" (I'm talking
> about the '(s)' after IP)

remove them if you wish then !

>> Template: dtc/conf_nated_vhosts_ip
>> Type: string
>> Default: 192.168.0.2
>>  Please enter the IP address of the server for DTC to
>>  generate all vhosts that will be used by Apache.
>
> dtc maintainer:
>
> Are there multiple vhosts?
> If we can enter multiple IPs, what's the separator?

There will be multiple vhosts, but when using NAT, then only one IP can
be used, which is the IP of the server on the LAN. So there is no
separator of any kind in this case.

There can be multiple ips, but that is to be configured with the web
interface of the panel, later.

>> Default: false
>>  If you choose this option, DTC will generate a self signed OpenSSL
>>  certificate and will use SSL to browse the panel. SSL will also be
>>  activated and the generated Apache configuration will activate HTTPS
>>  URLs for the control panel.
>>  .
>>  This certificate can later be changed for a root CA certificate.
>>  .
>>  Previously generated certificates will never be overwritten. To
>>  regenerate the certificate, you need to remove all the files in
>>  /usr/share/dtc/etc/ssl.
>
> Maybe "SSL certificate" of just "certificate" instead of
> "OpenSSL certificate".

Ok!

>> Template: dtc/conf_cert_challenge_pass
>> Type: password
>
> dtc maintainer:
>
> What is this challenge password? There was already a "DTC certificate
> passphrase:" template.
>
> Given the wording, it looks like a certificate request's challenge
> password.

Yes, it's asked by open SSL when generating the cert.

>> Template: dtc/conf_upgrade_pear
>> Type: boolean
>> Default: true
>>  DTC can check the PEAR installation during its own installation
>>  process. This requires your server to be connected to the network. If
>>  you can't do so here, please check whether the Crypt_CBC and
>>  Auth_SASL PEAR modules are. The relevant files are located in
>>  /usr/share/php.
>
> dtc maintainer:
>
> Is there a Debian package?
> Wouldn't it be better to drop this template and replace it with a
> dependency?

That's what have been done already, yes. See php-crypt-cbc in the
ftp-masters waiting list. I hope it will soon be uploaded to SID. I
think this debconf entry is obsolete and should be removed. Please
ignore this one.

>> Template: dtc/conf_dnsbl_list
>> Type: string
>> Default: sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org,list.dsbl.org,relays.ordb.org
>>  Please enter the list of preferred DNSBL servers to add to your Postfix
>>  mail server configuration.
>
> I agree with MJ that it would be better not to promote DNSBL (i.e. I would
> prefer a blank default). But it's up to the maintainer.

What if you are a newbie and don't now what to type? To me it's obvious
that a default HAS to be there, but that default value CAN be discussed
(if you think some servers are better than others, please tell).

>> Template: dtc/conf_report_setup_stat
>> Type: boolean
>> Default: true
>>  DTC installations can be reported to GPLHost web site. The only
>
> reported to _the_ GPLHost web site?

yep! Thanks.

>>  collected data are the operating system name (Debian) and the IP
>>  address (used as a unique identifier only). An Internet connection
>>  and the wget binary are mandatory for statistics collection..
>
> double stop, also I think we are talking about sending stats (not collect
> them)
> ...mandatory to report the statistics.

Yes, that's correct.

Should I wait for a new .diff file before sending that one to my CVS repo?

Thomas