Re: please reviex my debconf templates

> Template: em8300/microcode/file
> Type: select
> _Choices: None${files}

This is very prone to translator errors. Most will translate "files"....:-(

Can't you use something like:

#flag:translate !:2
__Choices: None, ${files}

I guess that you take care adding a comma at the beginning of the
"files" variable in you rmaintainer scripts. If you choose my
suggestion, you'll need to remove it of course.

> Template: em8300/adv717x/options
> Type: string
>  Options can be passed to the adv717x kernel module when it is loaded
>  to control how it works.
>  .
>  Options include:
>   output_mode=comp+svideo|svideo|comp|comp+psvideo|psvideo|composvideo|yuv|rgb|rgbs
>   pixelport_16bit=0|1
>   pixelport_other_pal=0|1
>   pixeldata_adjust_ntsc=0|1|2|3
>   pixeldata_adjust_pal=0|1|2|3
>  Multiple options should be separated by spaces.
>  .
>  Some sets of options have been reported to remove color
>  problems. Check the package documentation for details.
>  .
>  Unfortunately, there is currently no way to find the right parameters
>  for your card, so you'll have to find them yourself by trial and error.

This template is IMHO too long (lintian probably warns you about this).

> Template: em8300/options
> Type: string
>  Options can be passed to the em8300 kernel module when it is loaded
>  to control how it works.
>  .
>  Options include:
>   activate_loopback=0|1
>   audio_device=alsa|oss|osslike|none
>   alsa_index=-1|0|1|2|3|...
>   dsp_num=-1|0|1|2|3|...
>   bt865_ucode_timeout=0|1
>   dicom_control=0|1
>   dicom_fix=0|1
>   dicom_other_pal=0|1
>   use_bt865=0|1
>  Multiple options should be separated by spaces.
>  .
>  Some sets of options have been reported to remove color
>  problems. Check the package documentation for details.
>  .
>  Unfortunately, there is currently no way to find the right parameters
>  for your card, so you'll have to find them yourself by trial and error.

Ditto.