Re: please review my template

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 07:12:54AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:

> > > I'm not fond of "people" in such situation and actually I find that
> > > the last sentence is not as factual as such a text should be.
> >
> > Uh? Any suggestion for improvement?
> > As far as I can see, no native speaker objected to "people", but I have
> > no idea why you dislike it...
>
> "Les gens qui s'attendent à l'ancien comportement...." would be more
> or less the right translation, which is IMHO something that is not as
> neutral as it should be in such situation. and "les gens"....I dislike
> that as a little bit too trivial language...:)...so I assume that
> "People" may be the same in English.

I would have thought that "people" was less trivial than the french "les
gens", but I'm not a native speaker either...

> "Although this was a bug, this may have been used as a feature in some
> setups"

No, the problem is not with the setup, but with the expectation of the
user...

> "Data loss would be the result of keeping the old, buggy, behaviour."

No, it would be the result of *expecting* the old behaviour. Keeping the
old behaviour would probably be feasible by patching the program, would
be as annoying as before, but would not lead to data loss...

Anyway, any native speaker to comment the use of "people" and/or the
rephrasing?

Cheers,

Nicolas