Re: Help on a package description

On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:53 PM, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
Short description:
program for visualising molecular dynamic simulations

How about:
"visualiser of molecular dynamic simulations"

Also: is there a reason why it is written "molecular dynamic simulations" and not "dynamic molecular simulations"? I must admit total ignorance in the field.

Long description:
gdpc is a program, written in C and utilizing GTK, for visualising
output data from molecular dynamics simulations. It is a very versatile
program and could easily be used for other purposes. gdpc reads xyz
input as well as custom formats and can output pictures of each frame.

gpdc is a graphical program for visualising output data from molecular dynamics simulations. It reads input in the standard xyz format, as well as other custom formats, and can output pictures of each frame in jpg or png format.
.
Homepage: http://koti.welho.com/jfrantz/software/gdpc.html

I'm not sure what else should be added. Certainly some other information *could* be there, but I'm not sure what *should* be there. I don't know what the usual options are for programs of this sort.

Anyways, I hope that helps. Do e-mail back if you want more input!