Re: please review manpage for mouseemu

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 01:04:55AM +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> For mouseemu, an application I'm packaging, I wrote the attached
> manpage. Please review, all comments and suggestions are welcome.
[...]
> Mouseemu is a daemon to emulate mouse buttons on trackpads with only

I'd lower-case mouseemu (but this is a matter of some debate), and make
it bold.

> one button. It lets you
>   - emulate middle and right click
>   - emulate mouse wheel
>   - block trackpad while typing

Colon after "lets you", and add proper groff line breaks (.br) before
each bullet.

> .PP
> It was initially developed for Apple Powerbooks,
> and iBooks but it can be usefull on other architectures
> as well.

"can" -> "may", "usefull" -> "useful"; I'd suggest a comma before "but"
as well, and remove the comma after "Powerbooks".

"Powerbooks" is normally spelled "PowerBooks".

> This program only works when booting a Kernel 2.6 because
> it uses the new uinput interface to emulate the mouse.

"a Kernel 2.6" -> "a 2.6 kernel".

> modifier and key for the right(third) mouse button

Space before "(third)".

> Blocking time while typeing on the keyboard in milliseconds.

"typeing" -> "typing"; preferably move "in milliseconds" earlier, so
"Blocking time in milliseconds while ...".

Actually, I might rewrite this altogether to:

  Time in milliseconds for which the trackpad will be blocked while
  typing on the keyboard.

> .nh
> <colin@colino.net>
> .nh

You should use .nh/.hy there, not .nh/.nh.

Also note that good groff style dictates putting a newline after the end
of each sentence; groff produces slightly better output if you do this.
Thus, instead of:

  Mouseemu is a daemon to emulate mouse buttons on trackpads with only
  one button. It lets you:

... use this:

  Mouseemu is a daemon to emulate mouse buttons on trackpads with only
  one button.
  It lets you:

Cheers,