Re: libapache2-mod-python nl debconf translation

Hi Thijs,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:20, Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, January 17, 2009 22:05, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>> Hello,
>> since I'd like to upload libapache2-mod-python soon, due to hard freeze
>> fast approaching, and nl is the only missing debconf translation, I'd like
>> to kindly ask you if its translation can be done in a timely fashion.
>
> While reviewing Vincent's translation, I started to wonder what the use of
> the template actually is. It basically asks whether the module should be
> enabled, and explains that if you want to use it you should enable it.
>
> Why this question? If I install the package it is because I want to use
> it, right? If I install other modules like the well-known php5 module, it
> gets enabled through the a2enmod interface. Why can't this module use that
> system?

Well, you might be right (feel free to submit a bug for it), but that
is not a package of mine, I'm just dealing with it because the maint
"abandoned" into the Python modules team, and I'm doing some team
maintenance on it (so I don't want to dig into it too much).

Thanks for your support,