[D-I Manual] Status of the manual and translations

Hello writers and translators,

As you may have seen, the webpage for the d-i manual [1] has been changed.
Because we are getting closer to the official release of d-i for Sarge, I
feel it is important that information presented to users should be
up-to-date.
So, even if you do not do any new translations, please try to keep up-to-date
with changes in the original English version (see also [2]).
A table showing languages that are clearly out-of-date is appended below.

With this in mind, I have created a separate table on [1] with only the i386
version of the translation for some languages. These builds are mainly for
the translators themselves (for checking the results of their work).
If you would like your translation moved back to the main table, please
contact me.

There are still some sections that refer to the Woody release and need to be
removed or updated to Sarge. I will be attending the d-i meeting in Oldenburg
[3] next week and plan to do some work there (hopefully with the help of Joeh
and others).

I am thinking of moving the ./module directory to ./using-d-i/modules for all
languages. I feel this would be more consistent with ./boot-new/modules.
I will probably do this next Wednesday.
If you have any comments on this, please let me know.

Creating PDF's for the manual is still an issue that needs solving. Currently
it is only possible using non-free packages and the result is far from
perfect.

[1]http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/
[2]http://svn.debian.org/viewcvs/d-i/trunk/installer/doc/manual/translations.txt
[3]http://meeting.ffis.de/Oldenburg2004/

Cheers,
FJP

OUT OF DATE TRANSLATIONS
Last commit to SVN for selected languages:
eu  r17311  pi-guest        Tue, 29 Jun 2004
it  r17264  sc-guest        Mon, 28 Jun 2004
de  r16648  wosman-guest    Sun, 06 Jun 2004
el  r14483  galaxico-guest  Wed, 28 Apr 2004

Note: The Danish translation has been removed completely on request from it's
translator.