Re: dpkg: Codes for "Desired" and "Status" in `dpkg -l` output untranslated/untranslatable

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 18:13:35 +0100, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> Package: dpkg
> Version: 1.9.21
> Severity: important
>
> It appears that the codes in the first two (three?) columns in the
> output from `dpkg -l` is untranslatable.  Here's the output from `dpkg
> -l exim` on my system using the en_UK and the da_DK locales:
>
> en_UK:
> | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name                 Version              Description
> +++-====================-====================-========================================================
> rc  exim                 3.35-1               An MTA (Mail Transport Agent)
>
> da_DK:
> Ønsket=Ukendt/Installér/Fjern/Udrens/Tilbagehold
> | Status=Ikke/Installeret/Opsæt.-files/Upakket/Opsætn.-fejl/Halvt-inst.
> |/ Fjl?=(ingen)/Tilbageholdt/Geninst.-krævet/X=begge-dele (Status,Fjl: versaler=slemt)
> ||/ Navn                 Version              Beskrivelse
> +++-====================-====================-========================================================
> rc  exim                 3.35-1               An MTA (Mail Transport Agent)
>
> It would make it possible for Danish users to understand the codes, if
> they were translatable (and translated) and not just arbitrary
> characters.

We got this bug report in dpkg, the mentioned strings are translatable,
it just needs someone to actually translate it. If you disagree that
this should not be translated please close the bug, otherwise a patch
or a commit to svn will be really nice.

Claus can you fix this? (I've CCed you as the list seems a bit dead)

regards,
guillem