Re: debian/consultants: Ministry name

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 05:47:54PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> (please CC: me on replies, I am not subscribed)
> I currently translate the consultants for the Debian Web page from
> english into german. The Czech consultant "Trusted Solutions s.r.o."
> wrote:
>
> Currently we serve as consultants for Czech Ministry of Informatics.
>
> I looked on http://www.czech.cz/index.php?section=3&menu=31
> but could not find a "Ministry of Informatics". Do you have any idea
> which ministry is meant here (and, if possible, what the official
> english title or translation would be)?

Well, the Ministry of Informatics is relatively young (about two
years?) and small. (To some people it seems like it was created with
purpose to create a new warm offices for some politicians.) Its future
is quite uncertain, because some politicians think it should be merged
with some other ministry.

Its official web is http://www.micr.cz/, or English version at
http://www.micr.cz/default_en.htm

--