knoppix 8.1 doesn't start from memory stick

Hello all

I recently copied Knoppix 8.1 to flash, with partition overlay, running from iso image. When I try to boot, kernel and initrd are loaded, but then nothing happens. The only difference that I can see is that iso image is in an ext4 partition, whereas the flash drive installation is on a fat32, and I noticed KNOPPIX file is 4.2 Gb. Could this be the reason it doesn't start? I'm using an Inspiron 5500 Dell laptop, and previously I was able to boot using 7.7.1 using the same flash drive (sandisk), which was reformatted by knoppix to flash.

Thanks

Miguel Moran