Re: ? Request for knoppix 7.5.0

I've been using mpv as my primary media player since at least the 7.2
Adriane CD with my only complaints being how SBL sometimes insists on
reading MPV's terminal output over the audio file and the fact that
I've been unable to find an audio-only player with the same simplicity
of use(most terminal mediaplayers fancier than mpg123 or ogg123 tend
to include media library management, which I neither need or want) and
wide format support(doesn't seem like there exists a player that
supports playing audio from multi-media containers without including
support for decoding the video, and all of those video codecs waste a
lot of space). Then again, I'm functionally blind and have no need for
anything beyond playing audio files and the audio streams from video
files(okay, text-to-speech support for subtitle tracks would be nice,
but that seems as much of a pipedream as a mediaplayer designed for
playing video files audio-only).

Nice to hear that there are plans to bring back the Adriane CD
edition(the bloat removal step of getting a new release just the way I
want it is time consuming enough from a CD, but seems to take forever
starting from the DVD).