Re: Subject: firmware for broadcom drivers.

On 04/17/2015 05:33 AM, Hans dinsen-hansen wrote:
> I would best like to use Knoppix as my base-system, but I cannot find
> out how to transfer its boot version to my hard disk.  All I find on
> the internet are explanations on how to transfer earlier versions of
> Knoppix as boot-loadable versions to the disk.  The version 7.4.2
> seems to refuse such a transfer.

Hans, I think the program you are looking for is name "0wn" under
/usr/sbin once you
booted with the DVD.

It is not very well documented and for a good reason, I think.
(google "knoppix 0wn")

I used it once but it was a bad idea, you millage may vary.

Updates (to knoppix not debian) will be very complicate to do, compare
to just getting
the new Knoppix DVD.

I think it is best to use Knoppix from USB stick and even use the option
"fromhd=/dev/sda1" (sda1 or your own prefered) by copying the KNOPPIX dir
to a dir in your Windows partition.  That way you do not have to erase
your Windows.

That way is very fast and easy to maintain.  You may also have multiple
versions
of Knoppix on the same computer by copying and renaming the KNOPPIX dir and
using the option knoppix_dir=something in the syslinux file in the boot
dir of
different usb sticks.

 Good luck!

Pierre