Re: No Adriane-Knoppix images for 7.4.x?

Had to fiddle some with the genisoimage command Andrew posted(mainly
removing line breaks, the url in the middle of the command, and
changing the parameters after -o as appropriate) before it would
execute, but I now have a working 7.4.2 DVD that boots into Adriane by
default.

The biggest change from 7.2.0 for my use case is in regards to Orca.
Best I can tell, both come with Orca 3.4 installed by default.
However, the glitch that prevented Orca 3.4 from working with
Iceweasel in 7.2.0 has been fixed and I no longer have to install Orca
2.3(along with a few dependencies) from Debian Oldstable before I can
use the Internet.

As for how Orca 3.4 compares with 2.3:
Pros:
-Orca is no longer tripped up by accented Latin characters(2.3 would
act as if there is a space to either side of the accented character
and say the name of the character followed by the type of accent. 3.4
pronounces words containing accented characters as a single string).
-Orca now reads combo boxes properly(2.3 would only read the active
option when tabbing onto a combo box, 3.4 reads each option as you
scroll through the list with the up and down arrow keys).
-While Japanese text isn't properly read, Orca's placeholder reading
for it is less grating to listen too.(2.3 would read each character as
symbol followed by what I assume to be the character's Unicode hex
code. 3.4 reads each character as "letter" and prefixes a string of
Hiragana/katakana with the word Japanese and Kanji with the word
Chinese).
Cons:
-Orca's default key echo now includes the arrow keys, which introduces
significant lag in reading paragraphs.
-Orca now reads whatever is under the mouse cursor by default, which
can cause Orca to act erratic while using a laptop or netbook with a
touchpad near the keyboard.
-While both of these problems can be solved by less than a minute in
Orca's preferences, my preferences don't appear to be saved when I
drop out of graphical mode and return to the Adriane menu.
-Orca behaves wonky with Iceweasel 32. The main issue is that, when
using the arrow keys to navigate and read webpages, the up arrow key,
instead of moving the reading cursor up one line and reading that
line, causes the reading cursor to jump to the top of the current
block of text, and subsequent presses won't let the reading cursor go
any higher. Downgrading to Iceweasel 24 fixes this issue. Orca 2.3
also had this issue, and has since at least Iceweasel 29, though I
forget exactly which version of Iceweasel first forced me to
downgrade.

As for other comments on 7.4.2, a hard-drive install takes
significantly longer and there is more unwanted software to remove
post-installation, but that was to be expected since this my first
time using a DVD version. Does feel like it's a bit more resilient to
my tinkering, and it might even prove more stable than 7.2.0 once I
have it set up the way I want it.