Re: No Adriane-Knoppix images for 7.4.x?

Dear Jeffery,

I have been skipping the DVD and installing straight to USB flash or hard
drive for several revisions, now, so I don't recall the details of how to
make a bootable CD/DVD, but, you may like to know, that you did almost
everything correctly.  Your problem lies in the stage where you created
the iso9660 image:  You didn't make it bootable.  Everything else was
fine.

If I were you, I would try this:

# from the latest krhowto_4 script listed at
http://knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto#Remastering_the_ISO

# Path to partition you will work on
PFAD="/media/sda1"

# Disable screensaver
xscreensaver-command -exit

# Update the file hashes used by the "testcd" boot option
cd $PFAD/knx/master ; find -type f -not -name \
  sha1sums -not -name boot.cat -not \
  -name isolinux.bin -exec sha1sum '{}' \; > KNOPPIX/sha1sums
# Create new Knoppix ISO
genisoimage -l -r -J -V "KNOPPIX" \
  -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
  -boot-info-table -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat \
  -o $PFAD/knx/remastered.iso $PFAD/knx/master

(I extracted only the lines needed for this particular project.)

By the way, what other files differs between standard and adriane, besides
boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg and KNOPPIX/sha1sums ?

Good luck!

Regards,
Andrew