Re: Discussion? (Re: Knoppix 7.4.x CD)

On 22/09/2014 19:32, Klaus Knopper wrote:
.... my idea (withoutout having announced this) was to wait and see if there are actual complaints about the CD edition of Knoppix >= 7.3 missing. Actually, this is the very first one, ...
Hi Klaus

Am surprised to hear I'm the only one acutely missing the CD edition. :-(

On the other hand, since I need a very small edition of Knoppix for derivate projects every now and then, I do want to continue the CD as well, but there would be a somewhat larger distance between releases. Of course I would be happy to discuss this on the list: How important is the CD "minimal" version of Knoppix to you, maybe someday really only as a tiny rescue system, compared to the DVD edition? Regards -Klaus .

Any small/CD edition of Knoppix would be fine (even an unofficial one). I could, and often do, add any additional applications when needed.

For "many" years I've used the CD version on my EeePC 701 4G, simply because it is by far the the best and quickest distro I've found to keep this 800x480 netbook alive. Also use the CD edition in various virtual machines, again, because of its speed, usefulness and low memory requirements.

Other uses include booting up the CD on my Macbook, and other computers when needed. The latest Knoppix CD, Boot only CD and install on a 2G USB stick remains an important part of my tool kit. :-)

I hope you can find time to keep it alive in some form.

Regards,
Robert