Re: pxeboot not working for knoppix 7.2.0

On 2/18/14, 9:58 PM, Klaus Knopper wrote:

> On 18. Februar 2014 23:23:59 MEZ, Ryan Chase <rchase@cs.vt.edu> wrote:
>> I cannot pxeboot knoppix 7.2.0 from either an existing pxe server
>> installation or by booting a knoppix CD on a computer and running
>> terminal services.  On the client, it fails to probe for any network
>> card and insert the appropriate kernel module.  This behavior exists
>> on
>> both the CD and DVD versions.
>>    I can, however, pxeboot knoppix 7.0.5 successfully using the same
>> machines in the same environment.
>>
>> Is this a known issue?
>>
>>   --Ryan
>
> If you booted the server with the 64bit kernel (knoppix64), you have to boot the clients with the 64bit kernel as well, otherwise the 64bit modules won't match.
>
> This will be changed in the next release, so the clients will allways be 32bit regardless of the servers kernel type.
>
> Regards
> -Klaus

 I haven't attempted to boot anything into 64bit mode. I boot the server
from the knoppix DVD, and configure knoppix terminal server. Then
attempt to boot the client. The client gets an ip, starts the tftp
process, and then fails to probe for any video card ultimately dropping
to a minimal shell. I'll try the 64bit mode tomorrow to see if I get the
same results.
 --Ryan