Re: pxeboot not working for knoppix 7.2.0

On 18. Februar 2014 23:23:59 MEZ, Ryan Chase <rchase@cs.vt.edu> wrote:
> I cannot pxeboot knoppix 7.2.0 from either an existing pxe server
> installation or by booting a knoppix CD on a computer and running
> terminal services.  On the client, it fails to probe for any network
> card and insert the appropriate kernel module.  This behavior exists
> on
> both the CD and DVD versions.
>    I can, however, pxeboot knoppix 7.0.5 successfully using the same
> machines in the same environment.
>
> Is this a known issue?
>
>   --Ryan

If you booted the server with the 64bit kernel (knoppix64), you have to boot the clients with the 64bit kernel as well, otherwise the 64bit modules won't match.

This will be changed in the next release, so the clients will allways be 32bit regardless of the servers kernel type.

Regards
-Klaus