Support for booting KNOPPIX from exFAT flash disk?

Hello Klaus,

do you plan to implement the possibility to boot from exFAT USB flash
disk?

exFAT is supported accross modern systems (OS X, Linux, MS Windows) and
it is a pitty to limit the nowadays' huge flash disks by FAT32's max
file size of 4 GB. (I put KNOPPIX on a regular flash disk that I also
use for data.)

I guess it would require a different boot loader (Grub 2.x, possibly
others), static binary mount.exfat-fuse and a slight adjustment of
init's trymount() function in minirt.gz. And of course update of
flash-knoppix script. (It works for me, though I used dynamic binary
mount.exfat-fuse with all the library dependencies.)

regards,
Milan
--
http://milan-knizek.net/
About linux and photography (Czech only)