Re: Problem with keyboard

Hello Mr. Gasso,

On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 12:00:05AM +0200, Josep M. Gasso wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a Dell Optiplex 760 DT with a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard and
> mouse
> http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboards/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400
>
> Knoppix 6.7.1 detects keyboard and mouse ok, always perfect for several
> months, and 7.0 I believe was running ok too.
>
> Versions 7.0.1, 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 don't detect the keyboard when knoppix
> start and I have a virtual keyboard in the desktop for write, the
> keyboard runs ok and accept letters and numbers, but I have syslinux.cfg
> changed lang=en for lang=es, and because keyboard is not detected my
> keyboard is "EN" and not "ES" as I have when starts knoppix with the
> same usb in other computers.
>
> Any idea for have keyboard well detected and with "ES" keyboard in this
> computer?

lang=es should switch the real as well as the virtual keyboard to
spanish layout. There is another parameter called "xkeyboard" which
defines only the keyboard layout for Xorg, while the virtual keyboard
rather gets defined through the general language.

The wireless keyboard should get autodetected like a normal keyboard, no
matter if the adapter is connected via PS/2 or USB. Maybe you need to
re-establish the connection between the plugged in adapter and the
keyboard? Though I'm not aware of having changed anything in keyboard
detection, it may be that new kernels handle keyboard devices
differently, and I may have missed a necessary change in the
configuration. Unfortunately, I have no such keyboard for testing.

Can you check if the keyboard starts working when you disconnect and
re-insert the plug?

Regards
-Klaus