Graphic video on Knoppix

Often an email will point you to a web address and the web page will
offer a video. The browser needs to  able to handle the video.

The default mail system on Knoppix is Ice Dove and if you click on a
web address it opens the web page in Epiphany. Epiphany does not seem
to handle common video types. To show my wife an exercise video on her
Knoppix equipped laptop I had to go over to the dark side (windows 7).

If I could get Ice Dove to send an html addy to e.g., Firefox then I
could handle it from there.  But I can't and it won't.

Any simple solutions out there? I could always download and install
Claws Mail but I already have Ice Dove set up with filters etc.

Simple solutions, anyone?

John Culleton