Re: Connect to wireless LAN automatically.

Hello Mr. Culleton,

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 03:52:54PM -0500, john Culleton wrote:
> I have my wife's laptop with hard disk Knoppix almost the way she wants
> it. But she has to click on an icon and choose our local network each
> time she boots up. On slackware I put things to be executed each
> time I boot up in /etc/rc.d/rc.local. On a Knoppix system how do
> I convince Knoppix to connect to the specificed network whenever
> Knoppix is booted?

The network manager is started automatically, so the system SHOULD
automatically connect to the network. However, maybe you have not
enabled the "autoconnect" feature in network managers settings for your
WLAN. Please check the wireless settings: Right-Mousebutton over the
networkmanager icon on the bottom right in the panel, then "Edit
connections", select the wireless LAN and then your configured WLAN
connection, and add the checkmark for "autoconnect" there. This should
do the trick.