Re: programming

Hello Andrew,

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:19:26AM -0400, Andrew wrote:
> Dear Klaus,
>
> Thanks very much for your detailed reply!  How do you handle version
> control?  Also, I noticed your changelog for rebuildfstab was very neat.
> Is there any special tool that you use for that or just vi or "emacs -nw"?
>
> Regards,
> Andrew

That's actually easy in Deban. Use "dch -i" inside the source directory
of a debian package to add a changelog entry and increase the build
number. fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage will then build source and binary
archives for the changed package.

For the entity of Knoppix, I keep a copy of the debian source packages,
my build scripts, and of the binary filesystem data as tar.gz archive, for
each release, and store them away on DVDs.

Regards
-Klaus