Re: Remastering in DVD

Hello Alberto,

I'm forwarding this to the list again.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 04:41:56PM -0500, Alberto Torreblanca wrote:
> El 19/08/11 16:31, Klaus Knopper escribió:

> >> I follow this document, all is ok when i burn a CD, but when i tried to
> >> make a big iso and burn in DVD, the DVD didn't boot up.
> >
> > How did you burn the iso?
>
> i use the gnome Brasero 2.30

After creating and booting the ISO file, I burn with

cdrecord -v -dao -pad speed=4 image.iso
or
growisofs -Z /dev/sr0=image.iso

Probably, brasero will do the same, but you have to make sure that the
session is closed, that the sector size is correct, that the track types
are set correctly, otherwise your computer may not recognize the DVD as
bootable.

If the iso boots with qemu (qemu -boot d -cdrom image.iso), then it
should boot as well when burned to a physical DVD.

You did not reveal at which stage the boot process failed, but I just
assumed that the DVD was not recognized as bootable. Otherwise, there
could be other errors, like too large files in the ISO (4GB is maximum
for iso9660), or wrong file names etc.

Regards
-Klaus