Re: Best way to proceed for a 64-bits version of Knoppix?

>> >I rather hope that Knoppix will be available in "32-bits for quite a
>> >while" indeed!  Most of the machines I run Knoppix on are 32-bit
>> machines.
>>

> I explicitly stated that 32 vs 64 bits was not the subject here.

I didn't mean to imply otherwise.  I was only commenting on your
statement, "To cater for all the different use situations, standard
Knoppix will
probably be 32-bits for quite a while, with a number of optional 64-bits
elements..."  I wanted to contribute that, in my case anyway, most of my
own machines on which I run Knoppix, as well as most of the machines I use
in internet cafes, etc., are 32-bit machines.

I was, in fact, delighted to see the 64-bit kernel in 6.4.4!

I am interested, though: what applications do you find benefit greatly
from the 64-bit kernel?  And how much RAM do you need to have installed to
make the switch to 64-bits pay off?