Re: lilo entry for Knoppix on hard disk.

Hello John,

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 10:28:48AM -0400, John Culleton wrote:
>    I have Knoppix on partition sda3. I want to add this partition to my
>    lilo.conf. I know Knoppix has a different lilo.conf entry than e.g.,
>    Slackware but I forgot the details.

Basically, you just specify the kernel and the same boot options that
you have for live medium booting, minus the initrd, since Knoppix'
Kernel has most SATA/PATA drivers for harddisks compiled into the static
part.

Example:

image=/boot/vmlinuz
      append="root=/dev/sda3 nomce lang=de pciehp.pciehp_force=1 libata.force=noncq SELINUX_INIT=No"
      label=KNOPPIX
      read-only

>    And no, I don't want to switch to Grub.

I too use lilo on most of my computers, since it has no
filesystem-dependency and will still boot even in the unlikely case that
the filesystem is badly broken.

Regards
-Klaus