Knoppix-6.4.4 Slow mouse response

I booted 6.4.4 on a laptop which normally runs F14.
I noticed that when booted into knoppix, mouse
response is about 5 times slower than in Fedora.
It easily is detectable as one moves the mouse across
the screen. The lag is very noticeable.

So, I decided to see how bad it would be if I booted
Knoppix as guest in VirtualBox 4.0.8 under Fedora host.
The response turned out to be so bad, that it is effectively
useless.

I also have booted windows XP as guest under Fedora,
and mouse response in XP is as good as when Knoppix is
booted on the raw hardware - i.e. it is still use-able.