Re: Knoppix 6.2 and Windows XP quagmire...

On 05/29/11 09:26, Pierre Déom wrote:

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 3:07 PM, JD <jd1008@gmail.com> wrote:
On 05/28/11 10:07, Pierre Déom wrote:
Thanks, but if you see 6.5 in there I will buy you a beer.

The highest version I see is 6.4.4 .

:-)

Pierre

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 12:56 PM, JD <jd1008@gmail.com> wrote:
On 05/28/11 07:33, Pierre Déom wrote:

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Klaus Knopper <debian-knoppix@knopper.net> wrote:
probably older than your computer, I would recommend trying 6.4.4 or
6.5 which have never kernels and hardware support.

Is 6.5 out yet?  I mean available for download?
I looked for it last week, and could not find it.
I was expecting an announcement here on this list.

Thanks,

Pierre

http://www.kernel.org/pub/dist/knoppix-dvd/

I am downloading it now via bittorrent.
It is from a Russian site - so I believe it is not English.
If you want to download it from the torrent, the file is
attached.

Cheers,

JD

Ok, thanks, I will try it anyway just by curiosity.

Thank you,

Pierre

When you boot it, then at the
boot prompt, type
linux lang=en

During boot, it will hang at the output
message:
Waiting for udev to ...(something..) I forgot the rest of the message.

So, after about 1 minute at  that message, type Cntrl-C
and it will boot all the way to level 5.

It is a very minor bug in the shell script that starts udev daemon.

Please let me know if it worked for you.