Re: Knoppix on usb.

Hello John, Klaus,
I like grub a lot because it allows you to make changes interactively at boot time
and all grub commands are also available from a grub shell, very useful when
you have a typo in your boot options or a change of config (hdd added).

Stage 1 and stage 2 are now depreciated and I like to suggest the use of grub4dos (instead of the legacy grub) which is simplier to use, is still under development, have a lot of bug fixed, has a *lot* of nice and new features, and is much easier to install: just copy "grldr" in the root of your partition and type: "./bootlace.com --time-out=0 /dev/sda"
cf: "code.google.co*/p/grub4dos-chenall/downloads/list"
Hope this helps,
Gilles

PS: Klaus did you read my last post ? Especially my comment about the forum ?