Re: Wireless connection.

Hallo John,

do you have a good reason for not using ssh?

sudo apt-get install telnetd

works on lenny, but not on KNOPPIX_V6.4.3DVD-2010-12-20-DE

but ssh works on knoppix KNOPPIX_V6.4.3DVD-2010-12-20-DE
enter in console:

sudo /etc/init.d/ssh start
sudo passwd knoppix

on Laptop type:
ssh -Xl knoppix IP-LAPTOP
xlogo  # just for testing

telnet uses unencrypted connection (which is perfectly ok in personal LAN) but does not set the DISPLAY Variable and Xauthority cookies automatically. And you may enable a passwordless login, just by public keys:

ssh -Xl knoppix xlogo

will open an nice X, if keys are properly set, but that is for another day;-)

It is ages ago since I was using slackware (30 floppies, I think;-), but I think they now have "slapt-get"

I am not realy sure what you mean by "graphic terminal"? Kdm or XDM to enter your pw in a colorful Login-Window?  Or start SW like openoffice on the Slackwaresystem and redirect the display to the laptop?

Happy New Year everybody

Achim Unger