Re: Suggestions

On Wednesday 11 August 2010 22:31:03 David Lowe wrote:
> I have looked over the Knoppix liveCD (DSL) (in part), and I have a few
> questions.
>
> 1) Does Knoppix/DSL adhere to the Linux File Hierarchy System?
(Hopefully,
> yes.)
>
> 2) I have noted that clicking on the desktop (right or left) brings up a
> menu that should normally be reserved for right clicking (reversed for
> left- handers, of course).  If this is a changeable option, then this point
> can be ignored.
>
> 3) There was a statement somewhere in the liveCD's help file that a
> broadband connection should be auto-detected.  Not while I was running
it.
> Maybe a manual setting?

Knoppix on my Comcast.net connected machine will detect the  cable
connection and make the connection.

On my wireless laptop I have to click on an icon in the right lower corner to
get a list of available wireless nets (usually two, mine and a neighbor) and
then I can make the connection.

I know nothing about dsl connections.

--
John Culleton