Re: Kernel

Dear Filippo,

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 06:30:40PM +0000, filosottile.wiki@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I am remstering KNOPPIX 6 and i want to know which is the kernel, if are applied patches and how to recompile/update it.

The Knoppix kernel is a more or less vanilla kernel.org kernel, with
just a few addons:

- cloop (decompressing loopback block device)
- aufs  (file system overlay)
- a patch that removes the usual 30 second delay when an unsupported
  framebuffer mode is selected.

In versions prior 2010, cloop and aufs were present as modules in
firectory KNOPPIX/modules, which I changed recently so that they go into
the kernel statically.

I just uploaded a current kernel source snapshot to
http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org/packages/kernel/linux-source-2.6.36_2.6.36-10.00.Custom_all.deb

Regards
-Klaus