Re: Screen width on Knoppix install. Progress report.

On Wednesday 02 June 2010 10:57:01 John Culleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 June 2010 02:49:18 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Ma, 01 iun 10, 22:33:26, John Culleton wrote:
> > > I ask here because my message to the Knoppix list has not
>
> yet
>
> > > appeared.
> >
> > I assume you missed my reply [1] to your previous message
so I

> am CCing
>
> > you now.
> >
> > [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2010/05/msg02551.html
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andrei
>
> Making progress.
> The default screen layout is 1600 x900. I switched to 1024x768
> and the whole screen is usable, including the task bar. But the
> screen background is now in the lower right hand corner with
black
> bands above and to the left. The black areas are however
usable.

> The remaining task is adjusting the background image to fill the
> whole screen. hints welcome.
>
> BTW Compiz is running. This is a new product to me.
>
> --
> John Culleton
> Wexford Press
> "Create Book Covers with Scribus"

I tried installing regular Debian instead but it hung up during
installation. So I am back to knoppix. Is there a way in a hard disk
install with 1024 x 768 format chosen to stretch the standard
Austrian mountain backdrop to fill the whole screen?  My stepson
has fallen in love with the exploding screens on Knoppix, and the
merry go round selection of desktops.  I know it's eye candy but it
caught his eye.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press