Re: Screen width on Knoppix install. Progress report.

On Wednesday 02 June 2010 02:49:18 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Ma, 01 iun 10, 22:33:26, John Culleton wrote:
> > I ask here because my message to the Knoppix list has not
yet
> > appeared.
>
> I assume you missed my reply [1] to your previous message so I
am CCing
> you now.
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2010/05/msg02551.html
>
> Regards,
> Andrei
Making progress.
The default screen layout is 1600 x900. I switched to 1024x768
and the whole screen is usable, including the task bar. But the
screen background is now in the lower right hand corner with black
bands above and to the left. The black areas are however usable.

The remaining task is adjusting the background image to fill the
whole screen. hints welcome.

BTW Compiz is running. This is a new product to me.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press