Re: knoppix 6.0.1 mount knoppix-data.img as ext3

--- On Thu, 12/3/09, Ming-Ching Tiew <mctiew@yahoo.com> wrote:

> But after this change, I noticed that the first time it
> will boot correctly but after a reboot, it will hang the
> entire system at boot stage.
>
> Is it the way I did is wrong or is the aufs2 is just not
> able to work together with ext3 file system ? Anyone has
> comments on it ?

Answering my own post. It seems that the problem was due to the knoppix-data.img is sitted on top of the ntfs, and the ntfs itself is somehow corrupted. I booted on Windows, and scheduled a file system check. Upon reboot, the chkdsk fixed all the file system errors, and as result mounting knoppix-data.img as ext3 does not hang anymore.

As for why knoppix is mounting knoppix-data.img as ext2, it is a matter of historical reason than anything else, I think.