knoppix 6.0.1 mount knoppix-data.img as ext3

I am using knoppix 6.0.1 but I have upgraded the kernel to 2.6.31.6. During the upgrade I also added aufs2 as the module to support unionfs.

Now everything is working fine but I noticed that every time system reboots, knoppix will spend significant time 'fsck' the 2GB knoppix-data.img which I created. A view into minirt.gz revealed that 'init' is mounting knoppix-data.img as ext2 file system. To reduce the 'fsck' time, I modified things accordingly to allow for the DATA image to be mounted as ext3 ( ie I removed '-t ext2' in the mount data section ).

But after this change, I noticed that the first time it will boot correctly but after a reboot, it will hang the entire system at boot stage.

Is it the way I did is wrong or is the aufs2 is just not able to work together with ext3 file system ? Anyone has comments on it ?

Regards.