Re: Request for translation

Dear Renzo,

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:36:06AM +0100, Renzo Bagnati wrote:
> Dear Klaus,
>
> I send you the italian translation of the index_en.html file.
> I have added, under "Tips and Tricks" ("Suggerimenti e trucchi") a
> short phrase explaining how to start KNOPPIX with italian language
> and keyboard:
>
> Per far partire KNOPPIX con lingua e tastiera italiane, scrivere
> subito alla schermata di avvio l'opzione: knoppix lang=it (il segno
> di = si trova in corrispondenza della lettera "i" accentata).

Good idea, thanks! :-)

> You can remove it if you think it is not needed.

We have KNOPPIX images with default english and german boot option on
the mirrors. Actually, the only difference is the lang= boot option with
two bytes of language definition, but just changing this in the image
directly in the ISO before burning is not easy for non-Linux users.

> Regarding the flash-knoppix script I have noted, in KNOPPIX 6.0.1,
> that it doesn't start properly, complaining about xdialog options:

This should only happen if no flash media is attached (i.e.
/proc/partitions has no sd* entries at all). But a proper error message
should be displayed in that case, so this is something that I should fix
right now, too.