Re: Request for translation

Dear Renzo,

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:14:50PM +0100, Renzo Bagnati wrote:
> Hello Klaus,
>
> I have the italian translation of the index_en.html file ready, but
> I have some questions for you before sending it:
> The original file states that:
> "a program called flash-knoppix is provided in the "Settings" menu";
> however in KNOPPIX 6.0.1 the file is located in the "System Tools" menu.
> If this has changed in KNOPPIX 6.2, please let me know and I will
> update the translation.

Though I don't remember having changed the category in the .desktop
file, it seems that LXDE sorts the menu entry into "Settings" now, so
the description is correct.

> The link for the firefox browser is wrong: should be www.mozilla.org
> instead of www.firefox.org (which seems to be a completely unrelated
> site).

You are right! I'm changing this in both the english and german (and
french) version, too. Thanks for the hint.

> I'm also of the opinion that the cheatcodes file should stay in
> english only.

If there are translations provided, I will include them as
knoppix-cheatcodes_language.txt. But again, I think that the english
version of the more "expert" options is sufficient for now.