Re: 6.1

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 08:50:06AM -0400, Daryl Styrk wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 02:41:20PM +0200, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> >
> > I'm still working on get a recent Kernel in, and do some improvements to
> > the installer and network configuration, which have been the most
> > reported weak points.
> > -Klaus
>
> Klaus,
>         Were you able to address the issue of volumes not being mounted
> automatically from an USB Thumb install?  Odd it works like a charm from
> CD.. Suppose some script is not making it over.. Don't know a ton about
> it, just love the way it 'just works'.. So thanks for that.

I think that the USB-mountfail issue was a timing problem with
concurrent runs of rebuildfstab, and already fixed in the 6.1 DVD
version that was released in Linux Magazine.

You may want to try live-installing the rebuildfstab package at
http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org/packages/rebuildfstab-knoppix_0.5-12_i386.deb

(sudo dpkg -i rebuildfstab-knoppix_0.5-12_i386.deb after download.)

Please let me know if it works.

With kind regards