Where are the apps?

I was surprised to see the 6.0.1 iso rather smaller than 5.1.1, until I
burned and booted it. Now I see KDE is missing. More importantly, the menu
population seems to have been reduced by 75% or more. Now I'm surprised the
iso is as big as it is. What is occupying all the space with so many apps
missing?

Specifically, I was looking to see what partitioning tools are included in
6.0.1, and failed to find a single one in the menus. 5.1.1 had GParted and
QParted (but no support for partitions >15 on SATA). What's the story? Are we
supposed to use the DVD version, or cmdline tools like cfdisk instead?
--
"A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man
keeps himself under control."	Proverbs 29:11 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/