Re: Knoppix and knetworkmanager?

hi all,
i downloaded knoppix from website, but not able to work as default
language was not english. i would like to know is there any download
from internet with English as default language, also i hear about
Knoppix that it has a inbuilt screen reader software. i was thinking
to use it to trained computer to visually impaired people. one more
thing i would like to ask in near future will Knoppix support HINDI
language including screen reader. thanks
looking forward to get some reply.
regards
-akhil

2008/7/27 Ronny Standtke <Ronny.Standtke@gmx.net>:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using Knoppix with a persistent home on a USB flash drive so that I can
> have portable computing without carrying around a lot of hardware.
>
> Right now it is a real pain to deal with network connectivity, especially when
> using Notebooks with WLAN. Therefore I would *really* like to install and use
> knetworkmanager. Unfortunately, I did not have much success so far.
>
> Here are the steps to reproduce my problem (you can try with the standard
> DVD):
>
> 1) boot Knoppix
> 2) open Konsole
> 3) $ sudo bash
> 4) # sed -i -e "s/netdev:x:118:/netdev:x:118:knoppix/g" /etc/group
> 5) # apt-get update
> 6) # apt-get install network-manager-kde
> 7) end current session (a new session is started)
>
> Notice, that knetworkmanager shows that it has not detected any network
> interface. I tried to find the cause of the problem with the following steps:
>
> 1) stop knetworkmanager (menu with right mouse button)
> 2) open Konsole
> 3) $ sudo startsyslog
> 4) open another tab in Konsole
> 5) $ knetworkmanager
>
> Now it reads in the first Konsole tab (where the syslog output is showing):
> Jul 26 23:13:37 Knoppix NetworkManager: <info>  Updating allowed wireless
> network lists.
> Jul 26 23:13:37 Knoppix NetworkManager: <WARN>  nm_dbus_get_networks_cb():
> error received: org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerInfo.NoNetworks -
> org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerInfo.NoNetworks.
>
> Can anyone reproduce the problem? Is this a bug somewhere or am I doing
> something completely stupid here?
>
> Thank you very much for your help!
>
> Greetings
>
> Ronny
>

> --

Akhil K. Srivastava

Managing Trustee & CEO
Antardrishti | www.antardrishti.org drishti@antardrishti.org |
Antardrishti Helpline: 09759134511

Antardrishti Reg. No- 106/4 of 28.08.2006 / Agra
Donations enjoy exemption u/s 80G (5) (vi) of Income Tax Act 1961

Together we can bring a change in the life of Sunayana, a visually
impaired............

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ('intended
recipient') to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as
soon as possible.
srivastava.akhil@gmail.com | ph. + 91 94122 58575