Re: MySQL

Hi,

Keith Hodges a écrit :
[...]
Then, restart mysqld and/or safe_mysqld or mysqld_safe.
Additionally, you need to set the PERMISSIONS in the mysql database to
allow connections from other places than "localhost".

If I remember well you need skip-external-locking in /etc/mysql/my.cnf :

#--------------------------
[mysqld]
#
# * Basic Settings
#
user            = mysql
pid-file        = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
port            = 3306
basedir         = /usr
datadir         = /var/lib/mysql
tmpdir          = /tmp
language        = /usr/share/mysql/english

skip-external-locking

And as Klaus said you need to allow access from your server or any with %

ex:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `Yourtable` . * TO 'Youruser'@ '%' WITH GRANT OPTION ;

--
Jody