Re: Re: current cloop sources?New cloop-src for testing

Klaus Knopper wrote:

I will put the sources on alioth again once I'm sure it's working
perfectly. There may still be issues when doing a losetup -d /dev/cloop
while cloop is active, I would like to resolve this before releasing it
publically. Sorry for being over-cautious. Many Knoppix derivates rely
on a stable cloop. Anyone who wants to test can get the sources from me
personally.

Thank you Klaus very much!

I have tried to test new module I have built to 2.6.23.1 kernel (http://linux.ilmainen.net/suomiknoppix/linux-2.6.23.1/)by:

# mount -o loop Knoppix.iso  /mnt
# modprobe cloop
# losetup /dev/cloop0 /mnt/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
# mount /dev/cloop0 /mnt
mount: block device /dev/cloop0 is write-protected, mounting read-only

# umount /mnt
# losetup -d /dev/cloop0
# umount /mnt

I have tried to do everyting I can imagine (e.g. leaving /mnt busy) to make it fail but no success yet :) Everything works fine! If I have time, I build tomorrow evening a new live CD with 2.6.23.1 kernel and try to make it fail. Then make a bootable usb stick. But of course, it's better to test cloop troughout before doing a new public release.

I think new 2.6.23 kernel is really good (my experience after using it some days). I have only troubles to get some added modules to be builded e.g. ndiswrapper which is still important. Nice to see new also cloop to work with 2.6.23 kernel!

Cheers

-tapsa-