Re: current cloop sources?

Hi Michael,

With some help and tests from Jan Altenberg, I managed to create
(basically rewrite) a version that works under 2.6.22 using kernel
threads and request_queue, and it now even works on 2.6.23 (though I am
disapponted that the kernel API keeps changing between minor release
numbers, unregister_blkdev used to return int instead of void).

Attached for you is the current compressed_loop.c (experimental but so
far presumably stable version), the rest is unchanged from 2.06.

I will put the sources on alioth again once I'm sure it's working
perfectly. There may still be issues when doing a losetup -d /dev/cloop
while cloop is active, I would like to resolve this before releasing it
publically. Sorry for being over-cautious. Many Knoppix derivates rely
on a stable cloop. Anyone who wants to test can get the sources from me
personally.

About advancecomp: Eduard Bloch has done a great job on the compressor,
but I had been concentrating on the kernel module too much to notice the
source update in his packages. The cloop-utils in Debian are newer than
my own, while the kernel module is newer in my development system. I
know, big mess. Trying to fix it as soon as other jobs are done. :-/