Re: A few comments about Knoppix 5.1

Le 9 Janvier 2007 20:50, Stephen Samuel a écrit :

> Well, the ubuntu distribution also allows booting off of a CD, so
> I'd guess that their live distribution would be your best bet.

Ubuntu is so dumb you can't even save your setting on a floppy. If I
hang here, it's because I believe there are more chances of building
something solid from Knoppix. Whether it's Klaus' business to see
that every little "detail" about keyboards works in OOo is another
matter. But, for sure, one fine day, the trend to refer any and
everybody to this and that distro to have whether a working keyboard
OR the printer working OR the possibility to save your setting on a
floppy, etc. will have to cease.

As I said, this is how Linux is getting nowhere.