5.1 updates wanted, and CD remastered size w/ hardlink script

Le 2 Janvier 2007 05:20, Klaus Knopper a écrit :

Hi,

> Some bugs that we just can't fix quickly, unless someone provides
> an ad-hoc-patch. For example, the CA french keyboard. I really
> don't know why it worked for gilpel in 5.0.1. I'm not aware of any
> change concerning keyboards in KDE. Maybe a path change in a recent
> Debian package?

I wrote:

"(...) this used to be perfect before Knoppix 5.0. (That's when the
problem appeared.)"

which means it didn't work in Knoppix 5. The previous version, I
believe is OK. Check: you should have both CF *and* CA keyboards.
Copy them as they are there, it's going to be perfect, since it was
perfect then.

The CA keyboard in the present release is not the CA, it's the CF.
There is no real CA. You'll see when you check previous releases.

Also, don't forget the problem in OOo. I'm surpised that no beta
tester ever tried to write an umlaut-ed letter in OOo. I suppose you
need to press 2 keys to get ü ä ï ö ë in German as in French. If so,
they won't appear in OOo.

> Also, there is a new and "up to 600 times faster" ntfs-3g version
> available, new firefox, pardon, iceweasel. Also, kaffeine should be
> the default multimedia player until mplayer catches up in
> Debian/unstable.

Maybe you should try to check it on:

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/

Even with kaffeine, the process seems circumvoluted.

I'm looking forward to this new release. but if the rewritten
installer can be ready within a month, I suppose it would be better
to wait until then to make a new release.

GP