Re: A few comments about Knoppix 5.1

Am Dienstag, den 02.01.2007, 21:30 +0100 schrieb Klaus Knopper:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 11:18:15AM -0500, Peter Pauly wrote:
> > Third, someone previously pleaded for the inclusion of Truecrypt, I
> > agree, it would be very useful.
> >

> I haven't worked with truecrypt before, preferring loop-aes and the
> powerful commandline tools myself (well, losetup and mount, that is. ;-)

I have been looking around for a while, too, lately and found FreeOTFE
for the Windows side:

http://www.freeotfe.org/

It works with LUKS (my biggest test so far is mirroring a 200GB disk to
another one, one unencrypted, the other one crypted with AES 256, diff
-r tells me the copies are identical) and the docs say it also works
with cryptoloop and dm-crypt.  LUKS is my favourite solution because I
get such a nice dialog asking for a password when plugging in the
drive :) (yes, I am on Gnome).

That said, I'd like to have TrueCrypt, too, at least on the DVD, because
Knoppix is my IT Swiss Army Knife.  I understand that the license stuff
needs to be solved.

Regards, Thomas.

--
Thomas Maier <Thomas.Maier@uni-kassel.de>