RE: What about "Knoppix CD/DVD as Debian installer (next generation)' ?

I imagine this is already "known", but Kanotix offers the option of using a live CD to update a hard drive installed version.  Not sure what hacks they use, and in any case the original suggestion (from Klaus?) in this thread looks most interesting!

http://kanotix.com/index.php?name=FAQ&id_cat=63&newlang=deu#q275

-----Original Message-----
From: Gilles [mailto:gilpel@altern.org]
Sent: 10 February, 2006 05:25
To: Klaus Knopper
Cc: debian-knoppix@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: What about "Knoppix CD/DVD as Debian installer (next generation)' ?

Le 9 Février 2006 22:31, Klaus Knopper a écrit :

> Hello Gilles,
>
> My time plan broke down, I couldn't make a release before going to
> india, and most likely, it won't be pos sible before Cebit to make
> a new public release. Sorry. Too much work, too few time.

At least, I'm glad to hear you didn't give up this wonderful idea. I
hope spme people can help you better than I.

> Thanks for offering translations, but there is not much new that we
> could translate.
>
> Greetings from New Delhi

Glad to hear you're not writing from Germany in the middle of the
night :) Do I ever envy you being in India!

The list is quiet these days. Why don't you drop us a line once in a
while, even if it's not Knoppix related. I'd like to hear how India
feels these days. Tonight, in Montreal, Canada, the weather is going
to drop to -20 ° C. If only for this reason, it would be good to hear
from India, and I'm sure there are many more.

GP

This email communication is confidential and is intended solely for whom it is addressed. Copying, or re-using in any way by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of GL TRADE or any of its affiliates.

If you have received this mail in error, please destroy the copy in your possession and notify abuse@gltrade.com